
James
- These experiences give me distinguished insight to guide students of any age.
About Me
Armed with bachelor's and juris doctor degrees from Washington and Lee University, I built a fulfilling career in teaching, consulting, and mentorship. I've worked as a legal consultant, professor at three schools (University of Phoenix, American University, Axia College), management consultant, AI Generalist, and certified tutor. At the outset of every session, my goals are to: 1) enlighten through current events, 2) apply concepts to real life, 3) motivate learning beyond class, and 4) ensure full comprehension. My subjects often seem theoretical, but they're learnable, since many others have mastered them, and carry real-world application. I use current events to clarify concepts and give a reference point. Ultimately, it matters less that students learn concepts just to pass tests, and more that they stay motivated to keep learning, building knowledge they can use years from now.
Hobbies & Interests
["Travel","exercise","reading","and sports."]
Education
Who needs tutoring?
No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.
Tutors with Similar Experience
Let’s find your perfect tutor
Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.









