Yuki
Certified Tutor

Yuki

Test Scores

SAT Scores
Composite1450
Math740
Writing710

About Me

I am a Mechanical Engineering student at Cornell University, and I enjoy helping students achieve their academic goals and excel in high school. I work to keep learning engaging and also focus on building study skills that will support students in higher education. I tutor high school math, science, writing, grammar, and SAT preparation. I also have experience writing research papers and supporting students through the college application essay process. My background in academic writing and presentation helps me teach students to express their ideas clearly, and my engineering training helps me teach logical reasoning and step-by-step problem-solving. My lessons are personalized, patient, and rooted in clear explanation. I believe in letting students attempt a problem first, and then guiding them while filling in knowledge gaps, as opposed to a lecture-style of teaching. Doing guided practice through active learning builds understanding faster than just reading a textbook.

Hobbies & Interests

["hiking","baking","photography","engineering projects"]

Connect with a tutor like Yuki

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Nina
Certified Tutor

Nina

Masters in biostatistics Columbia University
Statistics Graduate LevelStatistics22+ more
Get Started
Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Christopher
Certified Tutor

Christopher

Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Harvard College
AP Calculus ABCollege Algebra50+ more
Get Started
Justin
Certified Tutor

Justin

Doctor of Philosophy, Computational Mathematics University of Chicago
AP Calculus BCAP Calculus AB47+ more
Get Started
Asta
Certified Tutor

Asta

Bachelor in Arts in Political Science University of Chicago
Pre-AlgebraCollege Algebra72+ more
Get Started
Andrew
Certified Tutor

Andrew

Doctor of Philosophy, Biomedical Engineering Vanderbilt University
Pre-AlgebraLinear Algebra25+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us