Jacqueline
Certified Tutor

Jacqueline

Bachelor Liberty University
  • I am a student of Liberty University Online.
  • I am currently taking a break from classes but will return next semester.

About Me

I will receive my Bachelor of Science in Teaching English as a Second Language in May of 2026 My primary focus is on adult and young adult learners specifically how development, trauma, and high-stress impact language acquisition skills. For 25 years I have been a homeschooling mother to seven children and successfully graduated four number five graduation takes place in a few months. Additionally, I have taught English classes online to adult and young adult students in Latin and South America. I have also hosted six international students from France, Spain, and Argentina, as well as, a family of five from Nicaragua. All these students stayed in my home to study English, American culture, and family life. Each student successfully increased their language skills. This was confirmed through standardized testing upon return to their home countries. I designed my own curriculum and supports for each of these students' experiences. Prior to homeschooling, I was pursuing a degree in Speech Education. While I'm comfortable tutoring a broad range of subjects, I am most passionate about English, Literature, and History. I particularly enjoy teaching reading, language acquisition skills, and the basics of phonics. I love to draw on students' native language skills, previous life experiences and real-world situations. I think creating a caring and supportive environment rich in opportunities and background knowledge fosters natural connections in the brain. This is best done while weaving in a love of learning and language acquisition and a cultural appreciation of English and America. I love to help students connect book learning with real-world situations and experiences. Outside of the classroom, I am an avid reader especially of nonfiction and classics. I enjoy walking, hiking, gardening, and crafting.

Hobbies & Interests

I love spending time with my seven children, granddaughter, and friends. Traveling, exploring nature, meeting new people, experiencing and learning new things, eating marshmallows by a campfire – all of these are my favorite ways to spend my free time. I am not an exceptional dancer, but it makes me happy, and I love music of all kinds. If I cannot do any of these things, then I like to enjoy the quiet of my home while reading, knitting, or listening to music. I love good wine, dark chocolate, and bold coffee. I cry easily but laugh even more easily. I like books, and art and music that "makes you feel something". I was “crazy” enough to buy an old house built in the 1800s and now a lot of my free time is spent breathing life back into it. My dream is to have an English Immersion Program from my home and teach internationally. I’m using every opportunity I find to learn the skills and have the experiences necessary to make these dreams a reality.

Education

Bachelor - Liberty University
Connect with a tutor like Jacqueline

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Mimi
Certified Tutor

Mimi

Masters in Education, Education Harvard University
Middle School MathCalculus30+ more
Get Started
Solange
Certified Tutor

Solange

Bachelor in Arts (Sociology & Women's Studies) Harvard University
CalculusAlgebra30+ more
Get Started
Daniel
Certified Tutor

Daniel

Bachelors Brown University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math25+ more
Get Started
Ingrid
Certified Tutor

Ingrid

Bachelor of Science, Biomedical Engineering Northwestern University
Pre-AlgebraFinite Mathematics49+ more
Get Started
Sabira
Certified Tutor

Sabira

Bachelor of Science, Applied Mathematics Johns Hopkins University
Middle School MathCalculus34+ more
Get Started
Sherry
Certified Tutor

Sherry

Bachelor's degree in psychology and linguistics University of Chicago
Middle School MathCalculus33+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us