Mya
Certified Tutor

Mya

Bachelor Regent University
BED Regent University
  • While pursuing my B.A. in education, I have held teaching positions to employ learned skills and stay sharp in the field.

About Me

I held a three-year administrative and teaching position at CEF, which included developing after-school programs, running year-round curriculum for multiple age levels, and mentoring interns and volunteers. I have assisted-taught at co-ops and privately tutored in multiple subjects at various grade levels. It is important to me to discern students' unique needs and work with their parents to achieve their academic goals. I specialize in teaching writing and comprehensive reading and have successfully tutored students with dyslexia or learning English as a second language. Primary grade math is another subject I have taught frequently, typically as a supplemental instructor helping students catch up. Being an educator is a privilege, and I am passionate about helping students master their subjects while also teaching them to be independent, excited scholars.

Hobbies & Interests

["I really enjoy hiking, reading, baking and cooking, piano, and doing diy everything. Funfacts about me: I got accepted to National Centre for Circus Arts in London, my favorite food is sushi, and I have a garden on my patio. One day, I would love to have a farmette!"]

Education

Bachelor - Regent University
BED - Regent University
Connect with a tutor like Mya

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us
Find More Tutors Like Mya with Bachelor's | Varsity Tutors