Lyndell
Certified Tutor

Lyndell

Professional (JD, MD, DMD, etc) University of Virginia-Main Campus
  • Hello, my name is Lyn.
  • I have worked for Varsity Tutors for two years.

About Me

I only work with Honors Statistics and AP Statistics. I have a Ph.D. in mathematics from the University of Virginia: The school that Thomas Jefferson built (1819) I have 13 years experience teaching at the college level, teaching over 300 classes (including 30 classes of Freshman Statistics) I then worked over 14 years as a professional data scientist for Capital One I have extensive experience tutoring one-on-one, teaching in the academic world, and applying mathematics and statistics in the real world. I know the theory and I know the applications - I understand how it all fits together. My teaching philosophy is simple. One teaching method does not work for every student. I customize my classes to meet the individual student's needs. Hope to see you in the future!

Hobbies & Interests

["I love reading: fiction and non-fiction. Exercise is an important part of keeping my mind and body in shape. I love to travel and have had wonderful opportunities to visit countries on three continents. I find few things more rewarding than visiting a foreign culture"]

Education

Professional (JD, MD, DMD, etc) - University of Virginia-Main Campus
Connect with a tutor like Lyndell

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Benjamin
Certified Tutor

Benjamin

DSC University of Pennsylvania
AP Calculus BCPre-Calculus2+ more
Get Started
Tahirah
Certified Tutor

Tahirah

Bachelor's (in progress) Duke University
GeometryAlgebra4+ more
Get Started
Yoonsik
Certified Tutor

Yoonsik

PhD University of Pennsylvania
AP Calculus ABLinear Algebra9+ more
Get Started
Byron
Certified Tutor

Byron

MS University of Miami
AP StatisticsStatistics8+ more
Get Started
Miles
Certified Tutor

Miles

MS University of Amsterdam
College AlgebraMiddle School Math4+ more
Get Started
Seng Guan
Certified Tutor

Seng

PhD Stanford University
Calculus 1Thermodynamics1+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us