
Adrian
About Me
I have BA's in Political Science and Classics from The Ohio State University, and an MA in Classics from Cornell University. In each of these degrees, I have studied a wide variety of literature--philosophy, tragedy, ancient and modern novels, and even a bit of graffiti. I work in three languages--English, Latin, and (my favorite) Ancient Greek. I evaluate these various kinds of literature using Black feminist theories, which allows me to reveal their complex depictions of race, gender, enslavement, and other important social issues. As a tutor, my goal is to help students connect literature to the forces that shape their own experiences as readers, whether those forces are a zeal for opposing racism, a desire to read for fun, a combination of these, or something else entirely. Every text has endless implications, and I'm excited to help students identify and unpack them.
Hobbies & Interests
Reading both fiction and nonfiction, watching film (especially animated ones), indoor gardening, playing video games, and studying languages.
Education
Who needs tutoring?
No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.
Tutors with Similar Experience
Let’s find your perfect tutor
Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.









