Charissa
Certified Tutor

Charissa

BS Liberty University
  • Hi, first let me introduce myself, my name is Charissa Davis.
  • My past experience as a tutor truly began while I was a high school student.

About Me

While in the 9th through 12th grade, and while in college, any time I struggled in a class, I would create study groups for anyone else having a hard time. We would meet up at the library or online once or twice a week, both in group settings and 1-on-1 learning. I noticed that studying with other students helped me understand the subject matter better and at a faster pace. Therefore, after graduating college, I began working as a tutor, and I absolutely love it! I have experience in teaching every general subject K-12 such as ELA, all Elementary subjects, Reading, English Literature, World Religions, Social Studies, American History, World History, Art History, Spanish 1 + 2, Earth Science, Life Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Anatomy, Psychology, Sociology, , Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1-3, Geometry, and Trigonometry. I also have experience in intro-college level, AP courses, as well as SAT test preparation. I love teaching because there is no other feeling of satisfaction than the one from teaching. Seeing the lightbulb go off in their head, along with the simultaneous "ohhh" or "I get it now!". I have helped students raise their grades and test scores by 85%, giving them the self-confidence to achieve. Fun fact! I've even had children tell me they wish I was their teacher, because I make learning so much fun for them! It just warms my heart, because that is my ultimate goal.

Hobbies & Interests

Energetic, enthusiastic teacher with unyielding commitment to educating children. Experience includes tutoring students in mathematics, reading, science, social studies, and spelling, tutored students who were at risk of failing, struggled with a subject, or had a learning disability.

Education

BS - Liberty University

All Subjects

Connect with a tutor like Charissa

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Mimi
Certified Tutor

Mimi

Masters in Education, Education Harvard University
Middle School MathCalculus30+ more
Get Started
Aaron
Certified Tutor

Aaron

Current Grad Student, Mechanical Engineering Duke University
Pre-AlgebraCalculus 221+ more
Get Started
Nina
Certified Tutor

Nina

Masters in biostatistics Columbia University
Statistics Graduate LevelStatistics22+ more
Get Started
Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Christopher
Certified Tutor

Christopher

Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Harvard College
AP Calculus ABCollege Algebra50+ more
Get Started
Solange
Certified Tutor

Solange

Bachelor in Arts (Sociology & Women's Studies) Harvard University
CalculusAlgebra30+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us