KaTrina
Certified Tutor

KaTrina

AB Brigham Young University-Provo
  • I have also mentored over a hundred BYU first-year students from a wide variety of backgrounds.
  • While I did not tutor them in their school subjects, I frequently gave pointers on how to do well in their specific classes.

About Me

I graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in Editing and Publishing in April of 2022. While at school, I had the opportunity to work with many students, tutoring them with their papers and helping them refine their writing style. I am passionate about student success. Before attending BYU, I attended an online institution where I tutored my younger siblings for five years in a variety of subjectsfrom music to phonics and everything in between. I have also taught other students piano lessons as well. I have seen students who struggle blossom and understand the concepts they struggled with, which encourages me to keep going as a tutor. I am passionate about writing, reading, language arts, history, and music, but I also enjoy tutoring math, art, and science. My favorite subject to tutor is English because of the stories to analyze and the essays to craft. I love talking about English writers and discovering new ways to connect to their works. Every student has unlimited potential. As a mentor, I worked with the philosophy that my role was to help students fulfill their potential. As a tutor, my role is the same: to help all students achieve their learning potential. When not tutoring, I enjoy going on walks, practicing the piano, reading a good book, trying recipes in the kitchen, working on my current novel, or learning something new.

Hobbies & Interests

["I enjoy playing the piano","the organ","and singing. I am also trying to learn the cello and the guitar. \r\n\r\nI enjoy Disney movies and I love discussing the ins and outs of a good story with anyone who wants to listen. I especially love Tangled","Star Wars","and Coco.\r\n\r\nI enjoy writing. I have completed two novels and am currently revising the second one to prepare it for publishing. \r\n\r\nI also love reading and collecting books. My collection currently takes up three bookcases and it continues to grow. I love reading middle grade adventure","fantasy","and fairytale retellings the most","though I will read almost any good story I encounter.\r\n\r\nI love going out in nature and exploring new places. I love rivers","mountains","oceans","forests","plains","sunsets","and the fantastical power of the weather. I love taking pictures of the new and interesting things I find.\r\n\r\nI also love trying new things","whether that's a crafting skill (like crocheting or knitting)","new recipes (like quiche)","or just going somewhere I've never been before (like Washington state)."]

Education

AB - Brigham Young University-Provo
Connect with a tutor like KaTrina

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Nicholas
Certified Tutor

Nicholas

Masters, French Linguistics and Pedagogy Middlebury College
CalculusAlgebra28+ more
Get Started
Meagen
Certified Tutor

Meagen

Bachelor in Arts, English Carleton College
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math31+ more
Get Started
Esther
Certified Tutor

Esther

Current Undergrad, Politics, Philosophy, and Economics University of Pennsylvania
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math33+ more
Get Started
Libby
Certified Tutor

Libby

Bachelor of Science, Anthropology Washington University in St. Louis
CalculusAlgebra30+ more
Get Started
Arianna
Certified Tutor

Arianna

Bachelor of Science Dartmouth College
12th Grade Math11th Grade Math274+ more
Get Started
Jordan
Certified Tutor

Jordan

Bachelor in Arts, Spanish Trinity College Dublin
CalculusAlgebra28+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us