Jason
Certified Tutor

Jason

BS Michigan State University
  • I am a graduate of Michigan State University with a degree in International Studies and a minor in mathematics.
  • I also completed the Education Program while at Michigan State.

About Me

I was a math teacher for about 10 years before getting into club management. I still love to help kids grow and prosper whenever I get the chance. Though I have been out of teaching for about 14 years, I continue to tutor math and coach youth wrestling. Tutoring is a great opportunity to work one on one or in small settings with students to help them understand a topic they might be struggling with. My approach to student success is to first make the environment as comfortable as possible. I'm a positive and outgoing person, and I think that helps students feel relaxed. My favorite subject to tutor is math, which seems to be a tough topic for many kids. I believe that for those struggling with math, once they are in a comfortable setting and are able to have some success in winning a few math battles, we can eventually get them to win the math war.

Hobbies & Interests

My interests and hobbies include coaching wrestling, reading and writing poetry, hanging out with my dogs, and college football (GO SPARTANS)!!!

Education

BS - Michigan State University
Connect with a tutor like Jason

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Mimi
Certified Tutor

Mimi

Masters in Education, Education Harvard University
Middle School MathCalculus30+ more
Get Started
Aaron
Certified Tutor

Aaron

Current Grad Student, Mechanical Engineering Duke University
Pre-AlgebraCalculus 221+ more
Get Started
Nina
Certified Tutor

Nina

Masters in biostatistics Columbia University
Statistics Graduate LevelStatistics22+ more
Get Started
Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Michelle
Certified Tutor

Michelle

Current Grad Student, M.D. Baylor College of Medicine
Pre-AlgebraPre-Calculus26+ more
Get Started
Charles
Certified Tutor

Charles

Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Yale University
AP Calculus ABPre-Algebra24+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us