Josiah
Certified Tutor

Josiah

PhD University of Akron Main Campus
PhD Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
  • The joy I receive from helping others understand things better is what drives me on as a teacher.

About Me

To be able to positively influence the learning processes of a student, especially through one-on-one tutoring is very fulfilling. I obtained my Msc degree in Civil engineering from Southern Illinois University, and PhD from the University of Akron. I have been teaching engineering and math-related courses for the past 5 years. I believe through Varsity Tutors services, many limiting factors such as fear, timidity, insufficient time, which inhibits learning (in class room settings) can be overcome. I can help ensure that the right learning environment is created for you to be successful in your studies.

Hobbies & Interests

Reading, playing soccer

Education

PhD - University of Akron Main Campus
PhD - Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology

All Subjects

Connect with a tutor like Josiah

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Mimi
Certified Tutor

Mimi

Masters in Education, Education Harvard University
Middle School MathCalculus30+ more
Get Started
Reid
Certified Tutor

Reid

PHD, Education Harvard University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math34+ more
Get Started
Liz
Certified Tutor

Liz

Masters, Special Education: Mild to Moderate Disabilities 5-12 Simmons College
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math39+ more
Get Started
Daniel
Certified Tutor

Daniel

Bachelors Brown University
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math25+ more
Get Started
Asta
Certified Tutor

Asta

Bachelor in Arts in Political Science University of Chicago
Pre-AlgebraCollege Algebra72+ more
Get Started
Isabella
Certified Tutor

Isabella

Current Grad Student, Operations Research Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math26+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us