Robert
Certified Tutor

Robert

BS George Mason University
  • Greetings, my name is Bob Boland.
  • I have extensive experience with criminal investigations, and the training that supported individuals learning about investigations.

About Me

I recently retired after a 35-year career as a Special Agent/Criminal Investigator, and Supervisory Special Agent/Criminal Investigator, with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives (ATF). In addition, I also served as a Branch Chief/Quality Manager overseeing credentialing processes for ATF's National Center for Explosives Training & Research (NCETR). I was also responsible for curriculum development & design, instructor development, and NCETR's quality management system. I graduated from George Mason University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Law Enforcement and also worked as a Special Agent/Criminal Investigator with the US Department of Interior, Office of Inspector General. In addition, I am a veteran of the US Army having served as a Military Police Officer.

Hobbies & Interests

Family is my number one interest in life, but I'm fortunate to be able to pursue other interests and hobbies. I have a lifelong passion for chess and play regularly online. I am an amateur photographer having both professional and personal experience with photography. I am an avid builder and collector of plastic brick sets to include Lego, Cobi, and other brands. I love sports, especially baseball, football, and hockey, and enjoy listening to music on a regular basis. I love to follow current events, and this interest has served me well in my profession. I always highly recommend that individuals who want to work in law enforcement should be well versed with current events.

Education

BS - George Mason University
Connect with a tutor like Robert

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us
Find More Tutors Like Robert with Bachelor's | Varsity Tutors