Olivia
Certified Tutor

Olivia

BS Ohio State University-Main Campus
  • I especially enjoy working with beginners and take pride in being very patient, thorough, and supportive throughout the learning process.
  • I always aim to create a relaxed, encouraging environment where mistakes are part of learning and progress feels achievable.

About Me

Hi! I'm Olivia, a student at The Ohio State University studying Criminal Justice on a pre-law track with a minor in American Sign Language (ASL). I'm passionate about ASL and love helping new learners build confidence in a language that opens doors to a whole new community. ASL can feel intimidating at first, but I focus on breaking everything down clearlystep by stepso it feels approachable and manageable from the start. My teaching style is flexible and interactive, whether that means practicing vocabulary, working on sentence structure, or improving fluency and comprehension. If you're new to ASL or looking to strengthen your skills with a patient and dedicated tutor, I would love to help you grow your confidence and communication skills!

Hobbies & Interests

My personal interests include: volunteering, baking, and going on adventures with friends. Outside of tutoring, I also stay actively involved on campus through student organizations that connect closely with my interests in communication and ASL. I serve as the Social Media Coordinator for MSLS (Minority Students Learning Sign), where I help promote engagement, events, and awareness around ASL learning and Deaf culture.

Education

BS - Ohio State University-Main Campus
Connect with a tutor like Olivia

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us