Stephen
Certified Tutor

Stephen

Doctorate (e.g., PhD, MD, JD, etc.) University of Iowa
Bachelor's University of Rochester
  • My name is Stephen Borrelli, and I hold a PhD in Political Science from the University of Iowa.

About Me

With over 35 years of classroom experience and a passion for American politics, I specialize in tutoring AP U.S. Government & Politics and AP U.S. History. In 2022 and 2023 I participated in the grading of the American Government AP Exam, so I have a good sense of the kinds of questions they usually ask, the abilities and needs of students taking this exam, and the expectations of the graders. My teaching philosophy centers on recognizing the unique challenges each student faces and tailoring my approach to their individual needs and goals. I'm excited to bring my extensive knowledge and experience to high school students, helping them excel academically and begin their life journeys as politically informed and engaged citizens, no matter what else they end up doing in life. I enjoy music (of many genres and eras), community service, Alabama Crimson Tide, Iowa Hawkeye, and Buffalo Bills football, and reading about religion and history.

Hobbies & Interests

I enjoy music (of many genres and eras), community service, Alabama Crimson Tide, Iowa Hawkeye, and Buffalo Bills football, and reading about religion and history.

Education

Doctorate (e.g., PhD, MD, JD, etc.) - University of Iowa
Bachelor's - University of Rochester
Connect with a tutor like Stephen

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Pranav
Certified Tutor

Pranav

BS Rice University
AP Environmental ScienceAP English Literature and Composition4+ more
Get Started
Ayushmaan
Certified Tutor

Ayushmaan

BS New York University
AP United States Government and Politics
Get Started
Mikaelah
Certified Tutor

Mikaelah

DSC New York University
AP StatisticsForensic Science6+ more
Get Started
Alexander
Certified Tutor

Alexander

PHM Columbia University in the City of New York
AP European HistoryAP United States History2+ more
Get Started
Kevin
Certified Tutor

Kevin

Bachelor in Arts University of Pennsylvania
AP StatisticsPre-Algebra46+ more
Get Started
Noah
Certified Tutor

Noah

Bachelor in Arts University of Pennsylvania
Pre-AlgebraMiddle School Math40+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us