Yimfoong
Certified Tutor

5+ years of tutoring

Yimfoong

Bachelor's University of Virginia, Charlottesville
  • Over time, that spark grew into a genuine passion for education.
  • My journey as a tutor began in high school, where I volunteered as a math tutor for underclassmen struggling with algebra and geometry.

Test Scores

SAT Scores
Composite1470
ACT ScoresPerfect Score
Composite33
Math36
English34
Reading30
Science33

About Me

From the moment I began helping classmates in middle school study for math quizzes, I realized how much I enjoyed guiding others toward understanding. What drives me most is witnessing the transformation in a student's confidencethe moment when confusion gives way to clarity, and they begin to believe in their own abilities. Tutoring, for me, is not simply about helping students achieve better grades; it's about empowering them to trust their capacity to learn and grow. I worked one-on-one with students after school, helping them tackle difficult problems and build foundational skills. This early experience taught me how patience and consistent encouragement could make a lasting difference. In college, I served as a teaching assistant for general chemistry at the University of Virginia.

Hobbies & Interests

I am a second-degree black belt in Taekwondo and I like to go on hikes.

Education

Bachelor's - University of Virginia, Charlottesville
Connect with a tutor like Yimfoong

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Tutors with Similar Experience

Danielle
Certified Tutor

Danielle

MS Tulane University of Louisiana
AlgebraElementary School Math8+ more
Get Started
Abdelhalim
Certified Tutor

Abdelhalim

Bachelor Northwestern University
ACTMCAT
Get Started
Elias
Certified Tutor

Elias

Bachelor University of Pennsylvania
Middle School MathAlgebra2+ more
Get Started
Alexandra
Certified Tutor

Alexandra

AB Princeton University
Elementary School ScienceACT1+ more
Get Started
Zach
Certified Tutor

Zach

BS Yale University
SAT Reading and WritingSHSAT5+ more
Get Started
Jiatian
Certified Tutor

Jiatian

MD Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
Middle School MathACT English4+ more
Get Started

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us