Mia
Certified Tutor

Mia

Doctorate (PhD) The University of Texas at Austin
  • My master's degrees are in Educational Psychology and Journalism, while my doctoral degree is in Journalism.
  • With 24 years of teaching experience, I have taught courses in Psychology, Journalism, and Public Relations.

About Me

I am a graduate of Texas A&M University (B.A.), Baylor University (M.A. and M.S.Ed.), and the University of Texas (Ph.D.). I earned my Bachelor of Arts in Journalism with a minor in Sociology. However, my greatest passions are Journalism, English, Essay Writing, and Editing. In my experience preparing students for standardized tests, understanding the format and expectations can significantly alleviate anxiety and stress. I have found the most success in helping students with these exams' Critical Reading and Writing sections. I love supporting students in reaching their goals and have mentored several generations, many of whom have become teachers. In my spare time, I enjoy reading, traveling, and writing. I will be participating in a Study Abroad program for the first time this summer.

Hobbies & Interests

In my spare time, I enjoy reading books, researching new topics, exploring new destinations, and expressing my thoughts through writing. This summer marks an exciting milestone as I embark on a Study Abroad program for the first time. I am eager to embrace new cultures and broaden my horizons.

Education

Doctorate (PhD) - The University of Texas at Austin
Connect with a tutor like Mia

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us