Eli
Certified Tutor

Eli

Bachelor University of Cincinnati-Main Campus
  • Starting my undergraduate career, I really struggled with the material.
  • I thought I wasn't smart enough to learn the math and physics required for my degree.

About Me

This all changed when I took my intermediate physics class and met the lab instructor. He showed me that it's okay to fail and what I was feeling was normal, especially in a field like physics. He gave me the confidence to keep perusing my degree and in December 2023, I received my BA in astrophysics from University of Cincinnati. This is where my love for teaching started. When I started tutoring students, I noticed a lot struggled with the confidence to keep going and to ask for help. I aspire to be like my lab instructor: patient and kind. My favorite subject to tutor is physics and math. They are beautiful in their own right and I have found that schools fail to show this. Students usually hate math and science because of the way it is taught. I strive to change the narrative that math and physics are impossible subjects which can never be learned. My philosophy with teaching is driven by making the student the teacher. I believe that for one to know a subject completely, they have to be able to teach it. I always make sure my students are able to both solve a problem on their own while also having the ability to explain how. With prior students, I have found this to be the best way to ingrain a concept into a student's long term memory, ensuring that they will understand the concept long after the test is taken. Outside of academia, I enjoy playing the violin and playing video games with my friends. I have played the violin for 15 years and I love making music. Playing videos games after a long day helps me decompress. I find that taking this break has been essential to making sure I am focuses throughout the day while also making sure I don't burn myself out.

Hobbies & Interests

My main interest is astrophysics. In my free time, I play the violin and play video games with my friends.

Education

Bachelor - University of Cincinnati-Main Campus
Connect with a tutor like Eli

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us