Pamela
Certified Tutor

Pamela

Associate Kent State University at Kent
  • I believe the purpose of education is to help individuals reach a level of self-actualization - the achievement of one's highest potential.
  • At its most foundational level, education means learning to read, write, and do arithmetic.

About Me

I am passionate about helping learners build confidence and skills, with a particular focus on elementary reading and conversational ESL. I believe learning should be inspiring and fun. When students are engaged and motivated, they are more likely to develop a genuine desire to keep learning. I strive to teach in a way that builds on strengths and interests, while developing areas where students need additional support. As a visual learner myself, I understand that students learn in different ways and are often motivated as much by a supportive, encouraging teacher as by the method itself. By tailoring my instruction to the individual, I hope to build trust, rapport, confidence, and most importantly...a genuine enjoyment of learning.

Hobbies & Interests

["I love music, singing, children and animals. I enjoy being a part of a choir. As a child and young adult, I played the flute and was in a marching band when I was in junior high. I am self-taught on piano and guitar but seldom play any musical instruments these days. I love animals especially elephants and dolphins but the animal I love the most is my 13-year-old Chiweenie that I rescued in 2014 when she was about 9 months old. I'm a bookworm and not a day goes by that I'm not reading something. As a child and a young person, I was very athletic. I rode my bicycle everywhere and played Varsity softball and basketball in high school.","As a middle-aged adult, I like to spend my free time writing poetry and working on children's books. I also enjoy doing calligraphy, painting, gardening and cooking. I love taking my dog for walks and going to the park. I am known for rescuing animals and have rescued 2 birds, a turtle, dogs and numerous cats. I try to love ALL of God's creatures whether animals or humans. ;)"]

Education

Associate - Kent State University at Kent
Connect with a tutor like Pamela

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us