Shawana
Certified Tutor

Shawana

Master's/Graduate Ohio State University, Columbus
Bachelor Marquette University
  • That love was nurtured in college when I took Accounting 101 from what had to be one of the most passionate accounting professors ever!

About Me

My love for accounting started in a high school classroom when I looked up and realized that I was the only one not only paying attention, but actually getting excited over debits and credits! I still remember those years of learning fondly now, after over 14 years in the profession. I graduated from Marquette University with a Bachelor of Science (concentration in Accounting) and from The Ohio State University with a Master of Accounting. I am a CPA - certified for over 10 years - with experience in various roles including bookkeeping, audit, and consulting across several different industries. Early on in my career I was offered the opportunity to curate and facilitate trainings for new auditors in an accounting firm of 2,000+ professionals. Drawing from the passion I witnessed in my college classrooms, I have now been creating accounting technical material and training professionals and aspiring professionals at all levels for a little over eight years. I have also had the distinct pleasure to serve as a mentor to many along the way. And that has given me the most joy! My style is very personalized to how you best learn, responsive to your strengths and weaknesses, and informed by loads of real-world application that makes the material more accessible and less "textbook." Let's have fun learning together!

Hobbies & Interests

My interests/hobbies include travel, learning, cooking, and fashion - which has led to my newest adventure: I'm currently taking sewing lessons.

Education

Master's/Graduate - Ohio State University, Columbus
Bachelor - Marquette University
Connect with a tutor like Shawana

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us