Haldane
Certified Tutor

Haldane

MS Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus
MS University of Guyana
  • I firmly believe that a strong secondary education is a prerequisite for success in today's society.

About Me

I grew up in the Caribbean country of Guyana where in a family of teachers. After majoring in Physics and mathematics at the local university and working for a number of years, I attended graduate school at the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) where I studied Physics and Electrical Engineering. I moved to New York for family reasons and became a teacher at Brooklyn Technical High school and New York City Technical College. I spent 28 years teaching mostly AP Physics and AP Calculus at Brooklyn Tech. I love explaining Physics and Calculus to students and watching them solve problems they previously thought difficult. This to my mind is the principal reward of teaching. My philosophy is: if the student doesn't get it, it's because I haven't found the correct way to explain it. I fervently believe that anyone can learn theses subjects. In addition to the subjects I mentioned above I've also taught Algebra 1 and 2, precalculus, and Geometry.

Hobbies & Interests

I’m an avid reader and traveler. I love traveling to the UK where I have family. My favorite sports are tennis and soccer. I especially enjoy watching my favorite teams ManU and Liverpool.

Education

MS - Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus
MS - University of Guyana
Connect with a tutor like Haldane

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us