Andrew  LaPelusa MS., MD
Certified Tutor

Andrew LaPelusa MS., MD

MD Wright State University-Main Campus
MD Wright State University-Main Campus
MD Morehouse College

About Me

As a USMLE tutor, my passion for medicine and education has driven me to help aspiring doctors achieve their dreams. I understand the stress and anxiety that comes with preparing for such a critical exam, and I am here to guide my students through the process with care, expertise, and compassion. My own journey into medicine began with a fascination for the intricacies of the human body and a desire to make a difference in people's lives. As I pursued my medical education, I discovered a love for teaching and mentoring, and I knew that I wanted to use my knowledge and experience to help others succeed. I have been working as a USMLE tutor for several years now, and I have had the pleasure of working with students from a variety of backgrounds and with a range of goals. Whether they are striving to achieve a top score on the exam or simply aiming to pass, I am committed to helping them reach their full potential. My approach to tutoring is highly individualized, and I take the time to understand each student's unique strengths and weaknesses. I believe in creating a supportive and collaborative learning environment, where students can feel comfortable asking questions and exploring challenging concepts. I am dedicated to providing my students with the tools they need to succeed, including comprehensive study materials, personalized study plans, and ongoing support and encouragement. As a USMLE tutor, I am driven by a deep sense of purpose and a commitment to excellence. I believe that every student has the potential to achieve great things, and I am honored to be a part of their journey towards success.

Hobbies & Interests

1. Andrew is an Editor-in-Chief of StatPearls Pharmacology. 2. His mission is to simplistically present complex medical information. 3. His vision is to increase access to teaching content and make it easier for medical educators to teach better, more often. 4. His primary educational focus is on curriculum development, clinical reasoning and communication skills. 5. His secondary educational focus is on the implementation of technology and online teaching tools into everyday teaching 6. He plans to spend his career in as a clinician-educator and researcher. 7. His work includes developing a programs to increase URM exposure to medicine. 8. His primary clinical focus is in hematology-oncology, pain management, and end-of-life care. 9. He is an avid reader of the medical literature 10. His is an amateur sketch artist, programmer, Go player, and fashion designer in his free time,.

Education

MD - Wright State University-Main Campus
MD - Wright State University-Main Campus
MD - Morehouse College
Connect with a tutor like Andrew

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us