Aziza
Certified Tutor

Aziza

AB Hampton University
  • I have always been passionate about education.
  • Even as a youth, I found myself volunteering as a peer tutor.

About Me

I understand the power of education and why it is so important for every child to have an opportunity to learn. I know that many children face challenges in their everyday learning, and without support, it is easy to fall behind. These challenges can cause great frustration for the learner. I greatly enjoy working with students to help them better understand the material and achieve the success they desire. For the past 13 years, I have homeschooled my four daughters and two are now in middle school. I have also worked as a youth volunteer in schools and churches. Additionally, I have worked as an ESL Teacher for two major companies based in China. Through these companies, I was privileged to instruct over 1500 students. It was an exciting and rewarding experience. I received a B.A. in Theatre Performance from Hampton University in Virginia and graduated with honors. I enjoy tutoring Elementary English, Phonics, Reading, Writing, Math, and Art. I especially enjoy tutoring young learners in Phonics and Early Reading. It is fun to see their growth and understanding. I believe in creating a fun and high-energy atmosphere with my students. I believe that every student deserves quality attention and understanding of their specific needs. With my background in theatre, I have no issues with being silly to help engage younger learners. However, I understand that older students need a more mature approach.

Hobbies & Interests

My passions in life outside of academia include: singing, writing, drawing, cooking, baking, and going on adventures with my family. My husband and I are co-creators of an amazing comic book and I’m currently working on a learning series for early readers.

Education

AB - Hampton University
Connect with a tutor like Aziza

Who needs tutoring?

No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.

Let’s find your perfect tutor

Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.

Prefer to talk? Call us
Find More Tutors Like Aziza with Bachelor's | Varsity Tutors