
Jewel R
- I am an educator and a life-long learner.
- I am rooted in the fertile soil of academia.
About Me
My life-long pursuit and legacy is to foster and inspire my students to soar to new academic heights. I have been an educator for 20+ years. I love children and helping them to reach their full potential. I have received awards and many accolades in this profession, but the reward of lighting the fire of inspiration for love of academic pursuits where none existed or was severely diminished is priceless! The Teacher's Oath I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant: I will respect the hard-won gains of those educators in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow. I will apply, for the benefit of my students, all strategies known to be effective, avoiding busy-work in favor of work with real meaning to the students and their families. I will remember that there is art to teaching as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the textbook reading or the multiple choice test. I will work with my colleagues to inspire one another to achieve excellence. I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed to help my students. If it is given me to enhance a life through teaching, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to cast a shadow over a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. I will remember that I do not teach a lesson plan, or a reading deficiency, but a human being, whose skills may affect the person's future family and economic stability. My efforts will aim to teach the whole child, and help that child develop in mind and spirit. If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of teaching those who seek my help.
Hobbies & Interests
["Writing","Art","Dancing","and Swimming"]
Education
Who needs tutoring?
No obligation. Takes ~1 minute.
Let’s find your perfect tutor
Answer a few quick questions. We’ll recommend the right plan and match you with a top 5% tutor.