1. I am passionate about working with and helping students because I believe that the future belongs to them and it is only them that can effect true change in the world. As such, I wish to play my part to help widen their horizons and help them to achieve their full potential.
2. I have taught inner city kids at middle school for a few years. Additionally, I lived in France for a year, teaching children in 5 elementary schools. I have also tutored ESL students (aged teenagers to young adults) online. I also enjoy working with my young nieces and nephews at every given opportunity. Therefore, I would say I possess a broad understanding teaching children of all ages.
3. I would describe my educational background as a global one. I have attended school in Venezuela, Colombia and the United States.
4. I have an Undergraduate degree in International Business and I hold two Master degrees; one in Marketing and the other in Special Education.
5. I have tutored English, Spanish, Algebra and Pre-Algebra.
6. My preferences would be English and Spanish.
7. I essentially believe in hands-on learning that encompasses a wide range of manipulatives as I believe that children learn by doing. By providing an active and engaging learning experience, they will become problem solvers and better able to think critically.
8. Outside of Academia, I love reading, animals, yoga and traveling. I also love meditation. I am a trained yoga instructor and love to learn about new people/culture/food/other topics...
Education & Certification
Undergraduate Degree: Florida International University - Bachelor in Business Administration, International Business
Graduate Degree: Long Island University-Brooklyn Campus - Master of Science, Special Education
Yoga, Pilates, Traveling, Beach, Outdoors, Helping others.
Elementary School Math
Elementary School Reading
Middle School Reading
Technology and Coding