- I'm a down to earth guy and like to keep things simple.
- A lot of people tell me that I'm good at explaining things, especially things that feel complicated.
- When I taught Algebra at UWM for a semester as a TA, I got a lot of good feedback from my students, AND all my students who put in the time and did the work I asked of them passed the course.
- I'm a big fan of getting straight to what a student needs to know to get a good grade, and to build a strong mind to get there, I find that students benefit from learning and practicing the type of thought process that helps them find the right answer every time.
- I used to work at MathWorks as an Application Engineer so I am very familiar with MATLAB and Simulink. I did a lot of public speaking, so I have a lot of experience I can share about speaking in front of small or large groups whether from a script or free-form and managing interactions with the audience. While at MathWorks, I worked remotely so I am quite familiar with online presentations, i.e. online lessons and working remotely.
- I have a Bachelors in Aerospace Engineering from the Naval Academy and a Masters in Mechanical Engineering from the Naval Postgraduate School. Between college and graduate school I flew as a helicopter pilot for the US Navy. After graduate school I worked on a staff as an air operations officer, and then helped manage test and evaluation efforts on a few of the Navy's unmanned aircraft, aka "drones".
Education & Certification
Undergraduate Degree: United States Naval Academy - Bachelor of Science, Aerospace Engineering
Graduate Degree: Naval Postgraduate School - Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering
- I like quiet strolls by the lake... (just kidding. Wait, no. I do like walking by the lake!) hmm... I'm going to go with: - movies (action, comedy, or sci-fi) - self-improvement / learning, which (right now) means... - meditation - getting better at C++ - improving my German
FAA - Federal Aviation Administration examination
FE Exam - Professional Licensed Engineer Fundamentals of Engineering Exam
Mac Basic Computer Skills
PC Basic Computer Skills
Statics and Dynamics
Study Skills and Organization
Technology and Computer Science