Certifications and Education
* Temporary teaching certification to teach Spanish to K - 12 students within the state of Florida
* TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification
*Certified Public Accountant license through the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (inactive)
* BA in Spanish and German Studies, Univerity of South Florida (USF), 2017
* MS in Personal Financial Planning, Georgia State University, 2000
*MBA in Accounting, Georgia State University, 1985
* BA in History, Emory University. 1982
* Teaching adults, young adults, and children through Varsity Tutors since 2019
* Volunteer teacher of beginning English classes to native Spanish speakers, where I speak a great deal of Spanish
* Taught English in Spain to children ages 2 - 11 at an elementary school for an academic year (2017-18).
Spanish Proficiency Level
I am not a native Spanish speaker, but have tested at the B2 (Upper Intermediate) level in the CEFR system. I am currently studying to test at the "C" level, which is the highest level under the system. I am comfortable meeting your Spanish needs.
I like to partner with my clients in a way that is educational, useful, and interesting. While the client is ultimately responsible for the learning experience, I promise to do as much as I can to assist the client in achieving his or her goals.
Education & Certification
Undergraduate Degree: Emory University - Bachelor in Arts, History
Graduate Degree: Georgia State University - Masters in Business Administration, Accounting
Reading, jigsaw puzzles, crossword puzzles, family, animals, travel, languages