1 of 7

Award-Winning Private Mandarin Chinese Tutoring in South Gate, CA

CBS ranked us Best Tutors in LA! Contact us to hear why. We serve all of Southern Cal.

150,000+ clients. 4.9 / 5.0 Rating of Tutoring Sessions

Who needs a tutor?
How soon do you need tutoring?
What is your name?
What is your zip code?
What is your email address?
What is your phone number?

Private In-Home and Online Mandarin Chinese Tutoring in South Gate, CA

Receive personally tailored Mandarin Chinese lessons from exceptional tutors in a one-on-one setting. We help you connect with in-home and online tutoring that offers flexible scheduling and your choice of locations.

Featured by
Tutors from
100% Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee

100% Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee

At Varsity Tutors, we're committed to connecting you to top tutors capable of delivering an outstanding experience. That's why we provide a 100% tutor satisfaction guarantee.

Session Summaries by Mandarin Chinese Tutors

South Gate, CA Mandarin Chinese tutoring
The student and I worked on some activities that I prepared for him. I will be making more worksheets for him so that we can review and have him 100% confident for his test. He is doing very well--I see a lot of progress already.
Read more »
South Gate, CA Mandarin Chinese tutoring
The student did superb work this evening. The "Res Gestae" of Augustus is not easy Latin, and he handled the material well. Sure he struggled at points, but no more so (and, actually, less so) than I had expected him to. We got through two and a half of the excerpts, and I expect us to finish the rest of the material during tomorrow's session.
Read more »
South Gate, CA Mandarin Chinese tutoring
We covered the future tense, comparisons, prepositions, and the past perfect. The student struggled a little with prepositions. We talked about strategies by identifying nouns, adjectives, to determine which preposition to use. I left some time at the end to do practice problems.
Read more »
South Gate, CA Mandarin Chinese tutoring
We covered the grammar principles taught in lessons 12-17 in her textbook. The student just needs to come up with examples in which she uses specific grammar principles. I invited her to continue to go through the grammar principles and create little dialogs for each of the lessons in her textbook so we could go over them next time we meet.
Read more »
South Gate, CA Mandarin Chinese tutoring
We finished up the verbal Q&A section of the Chinese final review worksheet and made sure that all of the answers fully and comprehensively answered what the teacher is looking for in the responses. We then started working on the grammar/ translation portion of the study guide and it went well, as the student knew for a large majority of the time (90%) exactly what to say and how to say it. We are still working on using the correct sentence structure (instead of just directly translating from English) and when to add 'de' particles. We went through a majority of the grammar points on the review sheet and she has a good grasp of 60% of them; the other 40%, we will continue to review and work on into next week. I have told her to continue to construct sample sentences on her own to perfect the usage of these grammar points.
Read more »
South Gate, CA Mandarin Chinese tutoring
Today was with one student only. we did many activities together, first we played "jumping frog" to review colors, then we played "jumping chess" to review colors as well as a couple of verbs. We then went through the words identification app to study new words and identify the previously learned vocabulary, she enjoyed this one very much. At the end, we practiced writing numbers 1-10 as well as learn to write the new word : "heart". Good lesson! :)
Read more »
Call us today to connect with a top South Gate Mandarin Chinese tutor
(310) 617-6847
Call Now