1 of 7

Award-Winning Private Chemistry Tutoring in Santa Rosa, CA

Personalized tutoring by top Stanford grads and others from San Jose to Napa! 4.9/5.0 Satisfaction Rating*

150,000+ clients. 4.9 / 5.0 Rating of Tutoring Sessions

Who needs a tutor?
How soon do you need tutoring?
What is your name?
What is your zip code?
What is your email address?
What is your phone number?

Private In-Home and Online Chemistry Tutoring in Santa Rosa, CA

Receive personally tailored Chemistry lessons from exceptional tutors in a one-on-one setting. We help you connect with in-home and online tutoring that offers flexible scheduling and your choice of locations.

Featured by
Tutors from
100% Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee

100% Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee

At Varsity Tutors, we're committed to connecting you to top tutors capable of delivering an outstanding experience. That's why we provide a 100% tutor satisfaction guarantee.

Session Summaries by Chemistry Tutors

Santa Rosa, CA Chemistry tutoring
The student and I continue to utilize this week to prepare him for a smooth transition back to his in-class Chemistry course next week. Today he completed the lab entitled "polar bonds." Then we reviewed the notes on the unit's most difficult material, including determining polarity, intermolecular forces, and comparing/predicting the boiling points of molecules. Sunday we will meet in the evening and have set goals for the student to complete the special bonds quiz as well as the organic chemistry quiz (will have to review material for this chapter). We will also begin to piece together notes on the topics the student's in-class Chemistry class has covered that his online class has not. Mostly, these topics are on stoichiometry, balancing equations, types of chemical reactions, and nomenclature. Before we meet on Sunday, the student is to complete the post-lab questions from today's experiment and submit all outstanding work.
Read more »
Santa Rosa, CA Chemistry tutoring
We went over the student's final exam review sheet. This mostly consisted (~60%) of general science questions that he has little to no trouble with. However, the other 40% did focus on many of the concepts that we went over, and he was able to do most of the problems very successfully on his own. He struggled a bit with converting grams to moles and moles to molecules or atoms, but this is a fairly new topic that was recently covered in class. I wrote up a few extra problems on moles, so if he can do those and the ones on the review sheet then he should be in good shape for the test. As long as he understands the review sheet, I think he will be in good shape. I think he will do well on the test since he seems to understand the hard questions that we went over, which should allow him to do the test fairly easily.
Read more »
Santa Rosa, CA Chemistry tutoring
Today, the student and I mainly worked through homework he had on converting with atomic mass and Avogadro's number. Whit required some initial review, but quickly recalled how to use conversions. I switched us to working on pre-selected Practice Problems for review. These problems included balancing chemical equations, writing net ionic equations, doing some word problems with conversions, and determining the type of chemical reaction. Once he either saw an example or was prompted, he was able to complete each problem with relative ease. He had the most difficulty in reading what the question was asking of him. However, as soon as I explained what the question wanted, his comprehension kicked in.
Read more »
Santa Rosa, CA Chemistry tutoring
During today's session, we reviewed concepts for the student's Chemistry quiz, which include significant figures, scientific notation, and dimensional analysis with squares and cubes. I created practice problems similar to her previous homework assignments to prepare for the quiz. She had a little trouble distinguishing adding/subtracting and multiplying/ dividing numbers in scientific notation, but was successful with these types of problems by the end of the session.
Read more »
Santa Rosa, CA Chemistry tutoring
We went over any questions the student had in geometry. She seemed to have a fairly good understanding of geometry concepts. She just had a few questions that needed to be answered. We then moved on to her chemistry, where we went over concepts such as density calculation and dimensional analysis.
Read more »
Santa Rosa, CA Chemistry tutoring
We did an exam review on types of bonds, bonding theory, lattice energies, Lewis dot structures, counting carbons on line angle drawings, determining lone pairs, and determining bond orders.
Read more »
Call us today to connect with a top Santa Rosa Chemistry tutor
(415) 410-3922
Call Now