Private In-Home and Online NMLS - Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System Tutoring Near You
Receive personally tailored NMLS - Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System lessons from exceptional tutors in a one-on-one setting. We help you connect with in-home and online tutoring that offers flexible scheduling and your choice of locations. Varsity Tutors helps thousands of people asking, "How do I connect with the best NMLS - Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System tutors near me?"
100% Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
At Varsity Tutors, we're committed to connecting you to top tutors capable of delivering an outstanding experience. That's why we provide a 100% tutor satisfaction guarantee.
Looking for "NMLS - Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System tutors near me"? Varsity Tutors can help.
If you're hoping to start a career in real estate and mortgage loans, you've probably searched for NMLS tutoring near me, but that search can stop with Varsity Tutors. The National Multistate Licensing System (or NMLS) is the licensing entity for more than four dozen state agencies and the only system of licensure for the mortgage loan originators (MLO) in the mortgage industry. Any mortgage loan originator hopeful must take the Safe MLO Test, which was developed by the NMLS, and we can pair you with a tutor who can help you prepare for your exam, with a personalized study plan that takes your personality, study habits and learning style into account..
At Varsity Tutors, the priority is finding NMLS tutoring for students like you, who have completed and passed pre-licensure education requirements. We will find a tutor who is familiar with the SAFE MLS test, which is comprised of 125 questions on a variety of topics, ranging from mortgage-related laws to ethics, and uniform state content. The table below explains the general topics you can expect to see on your exam, and how each area is weighted when your test is scored.
SAFE MLS Test Breakdown
- 125 Questions
- 10 unscored
- Time allowed
- 3 Hours and 10 Minutes
- Content Focuses
- Federal Mortgage-Related Laws
- 23% of exam
- General Mortgage Knowledge
- 23% of exam
- Mortgage Loan Origination Activities
- 25% of exam
- 16% of exam
- Uniform State Content
- 13% of exam
- Federal Mortgage-Related Laws
When you're working with one dedicated person for NMLS tutoring, you'll have one-to-one time to focus on the concepts you feel you need to learn more about - whether those are topics like real estate settlement procedures, the Dodd-Frank Act, or exploration of ethical issues. It could also be something like test-taking skills, study skills, or time management. You won't have to slow down your tutoring sessions and focus on things you already know, which you may find to be a more efficient use of your time than if you spent hours or days searching for "NMLS tutors near me."
NMLS Topics (non-comprehensive)
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), 12 CFR Part 1024 (Regulation X)
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), 12 CFR Part 1002 (Regulation B)
- Truth in Lending Act (TILA), 12 CFR Part 1026 (Regulation Z)
- TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure Rule (TRID) ("Know Before You Owe")
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), 12 CFR Part 1003 (Regulation C)
- Federal Trade Commission Red Flag rules, 16 CFR Part 681
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (E-Sign Act)
- USA PATRIOT Act
- Dodd-Frank Act
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Qualified and Non-qualified Mortgage Programs
- Mortgage Loan Products
- Terms Used in the Mortgage Industry
- Loan Inquiry and Application Process Requirements
- Qualification: Processing and Underwriting
- Financial calculations used in mortgage lending
- Ethical issues
- Ethical behavior related to loan origination activities
- SAFE Act and CSBS/AARMR Model State Law
Varsity Tutors can take some of your pre-test stress away, particularly if you find yourself searching fruitlessly for "NMLS tutors near me." We match you with tutors who know the material you can expect to see on your exam, and who have some knowledge of test preparation techniques that often come in handy. Reach out to us today to find out how we can turn your searches for "NMLS tutoring near me" into valuable study sessions that don't necessarily require you to be in the same physical space as your tutor.
We use a Live Learning Platform that brings you face-to-face with your tutor for all of your sessions. Don't hesitate to reach out to Varsity Tutors when you catch yourself getting ready to search for tutors. We can help you get the tutoring you need quickly so that you waste no time getting started!