Private In-Home and Online Study Skills and Organization Tutoring in Miami, FL
Receive personally tailored Study Skills and Organization lessons from exceptional tutors in a one-on-one setting. We help you connect with in-home and online tutoring that offers flexible scheduling and your choice of locations.
100% Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
At Varsity Tutors, we're committed to connecting you to top tutors capable of delivering an outstanding experience. That's why we provide a 100% tutor satisfaction guarantee.
More about tutoring in Miami
What are Study Skills & Organization?
Learning depends on the cognitive processes that drive organization, planning and rule acquisition. When students struggle with organization and study skills, they are often disorganized, have difficulty planning ahead, don’t follow through on expected tasks, and/or give up on tasks easily.
This sounds like my child. Should I be concerned?
Difficulty with study skills and organization is common among school-age children. Organizational skills and study habits are not consistently taught in school settings, so children often rely on their own instincts for how to handle organizational tasks, homework, test preparation and other significant aspects related to academic success. Every child handles these aspects differently; if your child is struggling in any of the following areas, Varsity Tutors can help:
- Using an assignment notebook
- Taking complete, useful notes in class
- Completing assignments fully and on-time
- Completing long-term projects fully and on-time
- Preparing for quizzes and tests by studying (separately from doing homework)
- Scheduling time each day for homework and studying outside of school
- Sticking to pre-made schedules for school and non-school related tasks
- Breaking down tasks into manageable pieces
How does Varsity Tutors help students overcome these issues?
Our experienced managers begin by meeting with you and your child in the comfort and privacy of your home to discuss your child’s needs. Our managers assess the specific areas in which your child is struggling by asking specific questions that pinpoint difficulties. Once we have established the areas to work on, our managers will select a tutor who can provide individualized, one-on-one instruction that will support your child’s development in these areas.
How can I monitor progress in Study Skills and Organization?
There are three easy ways that parents can monitor their child’s progress:
- Be a part of the solution: Monitor your child’s assignment notebook, backpack and grades every day. Parents who are involved and ask questions help their children to stay on track.
- Be a motivator: Keep an eye on your child when they study or work on school-related tasks. Praise any improvement you see your child making verbally. This will keep your child motivated while keeping you informed of their progress.
- Ask questions: Speak with your child’s tutor, teachers, coaches, and any other adults that your child works with on a regular basis. Ask them if they see improvements in the specific areas that your child is working to improve. Their input is very valuable to measuring your child’s success.