Private 1-on-1 Louisiana HiSet tutoring backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee
Award-Winning Private Louisiana HiSet Tutoring
One-on-one, personalized tutoring
Private In-Home and Online Louisiana HiSet Tutoring Near You
Receive personally tailored Louisiana HiSet lessons from exceptional tutors in a one-on-one setting. We help you connect with in-home and online tutoring that offers flexible scheduling and your choice of locations. Varsity Tutors helps thousands of people asking, "How do I connect with the best Louisiana HiSet tutors near me?"
Looking for "Louisiana HiSet tutors near me"? Varsity Tutors can help.
The HiSet exam is an alternative to the GED that is administered in 12 states, including Louisiana. If you failed to earn a high school diploma for any reason, passing this test can set you up for college and/or a career. If you need a little help to reach this goal, Varsity Tutors can connect you with an experienced Louisiana HiSet tutor today.
Louisiana HiSet tutoring sessions are generally structured around the format of the test itself. Therefore, here is what you can expect to study:
- Social Studies - Assesses a student's ability to recall basic historic facts and apply critical thinking and research skills in a historical context. You have 70 minutes for 50 multiple-choice questions.
- Mathematics - Tests algebraic concepts, data analysis, geometry, and operations on numbers. You have 90 minutes to answer 50 multiple-choice questions, and calculators are permitted.
- Science - Tests scientific knowledge ranging from the Scientific Method to specifics from the physical and life sciences. You have 80 minutes for 50 multiple-choice questions.
- Reading - Tests your reading comprehension skills by asking you to answer questions based on reading passages provided. You have 65 minutes to answer 40 multiple-choice questions.
- Writing - Consists of a long-form essay plus 50 multiple-choice questions on the mechanics of the English language. You have two hours to complete both sections.
That is a lot of material for one test, but a Louisiana HiSet tutor can make it feel less overwhelming. If you are confident in your ELA skills but nervous about the math section, your study sessions may concentrate on math to improve their efficiency. Louisiana HiSet tutoring sessions also allow you to work at your own pace, as your tutor never needs to leave a topic behind without your approval.