Private In-Home and Online Executive Functioning Tutoring in Boston, MA
Receive personally tailored Executive Functioning lessons from exceptional tutors in a one-on-one setting. We help you connect with in-home and online tutoring that offers flexible scheduling and your choice of locations.
100% Tutor Satisfaction Guarantee
At Varsity Tutors, we're committed to connecting you to top tutors capable of delivering an outstanding experience. That's why we provide a 100% tutor satisfaction guarantee.
How can a Executive Functioning tutor help you?
What is Executive Functioning?
Executive functioning is a term used in educational psychology to describe the cognitive processes that drive organization, planning and rule acquisition. Executive Functioning is the ability to regulate ones sensory experiences across a vast array of different disciplines and environments. It promotes the learners ability to organize, engage, and integrate all areas of learning in and outside of the classroom environment. When students struggle with executive functioning, they are often disorganized, have difficulty planning ahead, don’t follow through on expected tasks, and/or give up on tasks easily.
By offering tutoring for Executive Functioning, Varsity Tutors helps the learner to increase processing speed, emotional well-being, self-regulation of attention, and organization of current and new tasks.
This sounds like my child. Should I be concerned?
Difficulty with executive functioning is common among school-age children. Organizational skills and study habits are not consistently taught in school settings, so children often rely on their own instincts for how to handle organizational tasks, homework, test preparation and other significant aspects related to academic success. Every child handles these aspects differently; if your child is struggling in any of the following areas, Varsity Tutors can help:
- Using an assignment notebook
- Taking complete, useful notes in class
- Completing assignments fully and on-time
- Completing long-term projects fully and on-time
- Preparing for quizzes and tests by studying (separately from doing homework)
- Scheduling time each day for homework and studying outside of school
- Sticking to pre-made schedules for school and non-school related tasks
- Breaking down tasks into manageable pieces
How does Varsity Tutors help students overcome these issues?
Our experienced directors in Boston, MA begin by assessing the specific areas in which your child is struggling by asking specific questions that pinpoint difficulties. Once we have established the areas to work on, ourBoston directors will select a tutor who can provide individualized, one-on-one instruction that will support your child’s development in these areas.
How can I monitor progress in Executive Functioning?
There are three easy ways that parents can monitor their child’s progress:
- Be a part of the solution: Monitor your child’s assignment notebook, backpack and grades every day. Parents who are involved and ask questions help their children to stay on track.
- Be a motivator: Keep an eye on your child when they study or work on school-related tasks. Praise any improvement you see your child making verbally. This will keep your child motivated while keeping you informed of their progress.
- Ask questions: Speak with your child’s tutor, teachers, coaches, and any other adults that your child works with on a regular basis. Ask them if they see improvements in the specific areas that your child is working to improve. Their input is very valuable to measuring your child’s success.
Call Varsity Tutors today to learn more about our Executive Functioning tutoring in Boston, MA.