City-Wide Director of Tutoring in Sacramento
Overview of Position
Varsity Tutors, a premier private tutoring and test prep service, is seeking talented full-time City-Wide Directors of Tutoring to join our team. We're one of the fastest growing companies in education and we're looking for several of the most talented people in for-profit tutoring in the country to join our team and help us continue our national expansion. The City-Wide Director of Tutoring will report to the Regional Director and will work closely with him or her to continue the growth and expansion of national operations. We expanded from 10 to 25 cities in the past 18 months which has necessitated adding multiple new, talented City-Wide Directors to help us meet client demand. Our City-Wide Directors manage our tutor base and ensure our existing clients receive outstanding tutoring services. We provide a highly effective service and Directors take pride in knowing that the quality of the tutoring they oversee is exceptional.
Varsity Tutors is a quickly growing, entrepreneurial company so the ideal Director will enjoy working in a fun, competitive, fast-paced work environment. We prefer Director candidates who have performed a similar role before and have managed tutoring centers or tutoring regions for out-of-pocket, private-pay tutoring companies but are open to applicants who have the communication skills, energy and enthusiasm to be outstanding directors. We expect our Directors to work hard and thrive on the independence we give them.
Due to the time of the year, we need to devote our phones to clients seeking tutoring so please do not call regarding the position. We will reach out if there is a fit. We genuinely appreciate your interest in Varsity Tutors.
- Previous experience running for-profit tutoring centers or entire tutoring regions for out-of-pocket, private pay tutoring company (ideal but not required)
- Ability to perform 45 working hours per week, including some scheduled evenings and every other weekend
- Completed BA or BS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent project management / organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Honest and reliable
- Applicants must be willing to submit to criminal background check and driving record check in order to be eligible for employment
- High speed Internet access (minimum 15MB/s download and 2MB/s upload)
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with tutors and clients
- Select qualified tutors to assign to appropriate clients based on client's unique needs
- Address client concerns via telephone
What we offer full-time employees
- $2,000 technology allowance for a laptop, tablet, smartphone, or other equipment
- 52 hours of free tutoring per year for you or immediate family (Taking a trip to Italy soon? Beef up on your Italian with one of our tutors for free.)
- Healthcare coverage
- Entrepreneurial, fun, fast-paced work environment in nationally expanding company
- On-the-job training and ongoing career development
- Work wherever you want (remote position - no commuting time!)
- World-class web developers work to make your job easier. Make suggestions directly to the Chief Technology Officer and quickly see your ideas implemented
- An open work environment that emphasizes direct communication lines. Pitch your ideas straight to the CEO
- A company you're proud to work for. Your work directly impacts families and students, helping them achieve their academic goals
"Varsity Tutors is a company I am proud to work for. Our team is made up of talented, motivated people who are dedicated to delivering high quality programs and exceptional customer service. I feel valued as an employee and enjoy being part of a quickly growing company that believes that its employees are its most valuable resource and gives us the tools we need to succeed."
"One of the things I like about working for Varsity Tutors is the spirit of collegiality that we share. I frequently talk to my colleagues about what is working in their cities and we can exchange ideas. While I manage my cities in a way that works for me, I can easily access my colleagues to get their feedback. It gives us the feeling that we're all working toward the same goal: to help students achieve academic success!"