Top tutors from Columbia and other respected universities serving the NYC metro area. 98% satisfaction
Award Winning Private Executive Functioning Tutoring in New York City, NY
Our NYC Executive Functioning tutors go through an intensive application process, including a background check, to prove they are highly qualified.
PERSONALIZED LESSON PLANS
We deliver personally tailored lessons from exceptional Executive Functioning tutors in a one-on-one setting.
MONEY-BACK & TUTOR GUARANTEE
We offer an unparalleled satisfaction guarantee with our New York City Executive Functioning tutors.
Executive Functioning Tutoring in New York City, NY
Customized private in-home and online tutoring
Varsity Tutors offers Executive Functioning tutoring by highly credentialed tutors in New York City, NY. We'll help you learn Executive Functioning through one-on-one tutoring in the comfort of your home, online, or any other location of your choice.
Selected Executive Functioning Tutors in New York City, NY
We have exceptional tutors with the highest of qualifications ready to help you master Executive Functioning. Our tutors come from top institutions such as MIT, Stanford, UChicago, Yale, Harvard, UPenn, Notre Dame, Amherst, UC Berkeley, Northwestern, Rice, Columbia, WashU, Emory, Brown, Johns Hopkins, Vanderbilt, UNC, Michigan, UCLA, and a number of other renowned colleges and universities.
How we help you master: Executive Functioning
SETTING EXECUTIVE FUNCTIONING LEARNING TARGETS
Your personal learning style and needs will be assessed by our educational director to ensure your key goals are met in Executive Functioning.
IDENTIFYING INSTRUCTIONAL PRIORITIES
Your tutor will quickly assess your proficiency with the material, and identify areas for improvement.
PERSONALIZED EDUCATION PLAN
We will design a custom-made program to get you on track to meet and exceed your goals.
How can Executive Functioning tutoring from Varsity Tutors help you succeed in Executive Functioning?
What is Executive Functioning?
Executive functioning is a term used in educational psychology to describe the cognitive processes that drive organization, planning and rule acquisition. Executive Functioning is the ability to regulate ones sensory experiences across a vast array of different disciplines and environments. It promotes the learners ability to organize, engage, and integrate all areas of learning in and outside of the classroom environment. When students struggle with executive functioning, they are often disorganized, have difficulty planning ahead, don’t follow through on expected tasks, and/or give up on tasks easily.
By offering tutoring for Executive Functioning, Varsity Tutors helps the learner to increase processing speed, emotional well-being, self-regulation of attention, and organization of current and new tasks.
This sounds like my child. Should I be concerned?
Difficulty with executive functioning is common among school-age children. Organizational skills and study habits are not consistently taught in school settings, so children often rely on their own instincts for how to handle organizational tasks, homework, test preparation and other significant aspects related to academic success. Every child handles these aspects differently; if your child is struggling in any of the following areas, Varsity Tutors can help:
- Using an assignment notebook
- Taking complete, useful notes in class
- Completing assignments fully and on-time
- Completing long-term projects fully and on-time
- Preparing for quizzes and tests by studying (separately from doing homework)
- Scheduling time each day for homework and studying outside of school
- Sticking to pre-made schedules for school and non-school related tasks
- Breaking down tasks into manageable pieces
How does Varsity Tutors help students overcome these issues?
Our experienced directors in New York City, NY begin by assessing the specific areas in which your child is struggling by asking specific questions that pinpoint difficulties. Once we have established the areas to work on, ourNew York City directors will select a tutor who can provide individualized, one-on-one instruction that will support your child’s development in these areas.
How can I monitor progress in Executive Functioning?
There are three easy ways that parents can monitor their child’s progress:
- Be a part of the solution: Monitor your child’s assignment notebook, backpack and grades every day. Parents who are involved and ask questions help their children to stay on track.
- Be a motivator: Keep an eye on your child when they study or work on school-related tasks. Praise any improvement you see your child making verbally. This will keep your child motivated while keeping you informed of their progress.
- Ask questions: Speak with your child’s tutor, teachers, coaches, and any other adults that your child works with on a regular basis. Ask them if they see improvements in the specific areas that your child is working to improve. Their input is very valuable to measuring your child’s success.
Call Varsity Tutors today to learn more about our Executive Functioning tutoring in New York City, NY.
Call us today to find out more about our
Executive Functioning tutors in New York City, NY