Join our team. Help to facilitate world-class education.
Careers at Varsity TutorsVIEW POSITION
City-Wide Director of Tutoring in Miami
Full-time position available
Remote Position - Work From Home
Overview of Position
Varsity Tutors, the leading curated marketplace for private tutors, is seeking talented full-time City-Wide Directors to join our team and help us continue our national expansion. Varsity Tutors is a national marketplace designed to help students at all levels of education connect with a top tutor and achieve academic excellence. We operate a curated marketplace for high-quality tutors, mobile learning apps, online tutoring environments, and other academic and test prep-focused technologies. We connect top tutors to students nationally and have over 12,000 tutors featured on our marketplace.
Directors will have a direct impact on business growth, development, and help us continue our national expansion. Our Directors assess client needs, sell tutoring packages, strengthen client relations, and provide high quality service to our clients.
- Completion of 4-year bachelor's degree
- Experience in educational management and administration
- Prior educational sales, admissions, or enrollment experience
- Ability to work 45 hours/week, including some evenings and weekends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of education, tutoring, and standardized tests
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work
- Applicants must be willing to submit to a criminal background check in order to be eligible for employment
- High speed Internet access (minimum 15MB/s download and 2MB/s upload)
- Assess and understand the needs of our clients
- Manage lead records to ensure proper follow-up
- 80+ calls per day to inquiring and prospective clients
- Assist in client service
What we offer full-time employees
- Cutting-edge company issued technology
- 52 hours of free tutoring per year for you or immediate family (Taking a trip to Italy soon? Beef up on your Italian with a tutor for free.)
- Healthcare coverage
- Entrepreneurial, fun, fast-paced work environment in nationally expanding company
- On-the-job training and ongoing career development
- Work wherever you want (remote position - no commuting time!)
- World-class web developers work to make your job easier. Make suggestions directly to the Chief Technology Officer and quickly see your ideas implemented
- An open work environment that emphasizes direct communication lines. Pitch your ideas straight to the CEO
- A company you're proud to work for. Your work directly impacts families and students, helping them achieve their academic goals
One of the things I like about working for Varsity Tutors is the spirit of collegiality that we share. I frequently talk to my colleagues about what is working in their cities and we can exchange ideas. While I manage my cities in a way that works for me, I can easily access my colleagues to get their feedback. It gives us the feeling that we're all working toward the same goal: to help students achieve academic success!
Varsity Tutors is a company I am proud to work for. Our team is made up of talented, motivated people who are dedicated to delivering high quality programs and exceptional customer service. I feel valued as an employee and enjoy being part of a quickly growing company that believes that its employees are its most valuable resource and gives us the tools we need to succeed.
Varsity Tutors is an exciting company to work for and brings out the best in its employees. Each day, I feel energized and privileged to be part of such a unique and innovative company. Varsity Tutors provides its employees with a service-oriented career that one can be proud of and that enhances lives by providing individualized educational services and creative technology solutions.
I am genuinely proud to work for Varsity Tutors. This company is doing remarkable things to grow at such a fast pace, help students all over the world succeed, and provide an incredibly supportive and collaborative environment for its staff. It is truly a wonderful team and I am so happy to be part of it.