Recent Tutoring Session Reviews
"We worked on history today and had a delightful time. It's great to hear that the student is holding a good grade in history right now. We're continuing to personalize his information so he can grasp it easier."
"The student asked me to review her draft for her Biblical Theology paper. I made several comments on this draft and communicated these comments by e-mail. Her writing continues to improve, even as she is dealing with time constraints that make it difficult to achieve the quality she desires for her initial drafts. She asked for specific pointers to look for while writing her next draft, and I gave her a few basic areas (with reference resources) that may help."
"The student has a test coming up in his Theology class on the topic of "sin and forgiveness," so we focused on studying for that during this session. There were two assignments connected to the topic that I helped him with. Once he finished the assignments, I briefly went over the chapter as a whole with him, and helped him review the material."
"The student and I continued to add information to the study guide she is making for her Intro to Islam final. She has detailed explanations of nearly all the terms/people. She will finish completing the study guide on her own before we meet again."
"What a great place to be before a test! The student studied it up over the weekend, and she knew 80% of her cards front to back and back to front no problem. With a little review, the remaining 20% was in the bag by the end of our session, excluding two cards. Those are on more complex topics, but I think thematically she's getting there."
"The student and I went page by page through a detailed study guide to help him study for the test to make sure he was confident with the materials by each concept and to make sure we answered any outstanding questions he had."