Join our team. Help to facilitate world-class education.
Careers at Varsity TutorsVIEW POSITION
City-Wide Director of Tutoring
Full-time position available
Remote Position - Work From Home
Overview of Position
Varsity Tutors, the leading curated marketplace for private tutors, is seeking talented full-time City-Wide Directors to join our team and help us continue our national expansion. Varsity Tutors is a national marketplace designed to help students at all levels of education connect with a top tutor and achieve academic excellence. We operate a curated marketplace for high-quality tutors, mobile learning apps, online tutoring environments, and other academic and test prep-focused technologies. We connect top tutors to students nationally and have over 12,000 tutors featured on our marketplace.
Directors will have a direct impact on business growth, development, and help us continue our national expansion. Our Directors assess client needs, sell tutoring packages, strengthen client relations, and provide high quality service to our clients.
- Completion of 4-year bachelor's degree
- Experience in educational management and administration
- Prior educational sales, admissions, or enrollment experience
- Ability to work 45 hours/week, including some evenings and weekends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of education, tutoring, and standardized tests
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work
- Applicants must be willing to submit to a criminal background check in order to be eligible for employment
- High speed Internet access (minimum 15MB/s download and 2MB/s upload)
- Assess and understand the needs of our clients
- Manage lead records to ensure proper follow-up
- 80+ calls per day to inquiring and prospective clients
- Assist in client service
What we offer full-time employees
- Cutting-edge company issued technology
- 52 hours of free tutoring per year for you or immediate family (Taking a trip to Italy soon? Beef up on your Italian with a tutor for free.)
- Healthcare coverage
- Entrepreneurial, fun, fast-paced work environment in nationally expanding company
- On-the-job training and ongoing career development
- Work wherever you want (remote position - no commuting time!)
- World-class web developers work to make your job easier. Make suggestions directly to the Chief Technology Officer and quickly see your ideas implemented
- An open work environment that emphasizes direct communication lines. Pitch your ideas straight to the CEO
- A company you're proud to work for. Your work directly impacts families and students, helping them achieve their academic goals
Varsity Tutors is a company I am proud to work for. Our team is made up of talented, motivated people who are dedicated to delivering high quality programs and exceptional customer service. I feel valued as an employee and enjoy being part of a quickly growing company that believes that its employees are its most valuable resource and gives us the tools we need to succeed.
The most exciting aspect of working for Varsity Tutors is that each day is a new opportunity to help students. I love working with my motivated team members to help Varsity Tutors grow at an amazing rate. We are able to provide high quality tutoring for students all across the country. It is rewarding to help students achieve their academic goals while also having the opportunity to achieve my own career goals.
My career with Varsity Tutors has been a fantastic journey. I have been blown away with the way co-workers, managers, the VP, and even the CEO are willing to talk with you and listen to your ideas. The joy of knowing that our opinions matter helps us grow and better assist the families we serve. Varsity Tutors is a wonderful company to be a part of, and I enjoy every minute of it.
One of the things I like about working for Varsity Tutors is the spirit of collegiality that we share. I frequently talk to my colleagues about what is working in their cities and we can exchange ideas. While I manage my cities in a way that works for me, I can easily access my colleagues to get their feedback. It gives us the feeling that we're all working toward the same goal: to help students achieve academic success!