Interviewer/Recruiter of Tutors (Part-Time) in Cypress
Overview of Position
Varsity Tutors is an elite tutoring company providing one-on-one tutoring to students in their homes or other convenient locations in Cypress and the surrounding suburbs. We are seeking an experienced part-time Recruiter to join our team! This would be a 5-15 hour per week position.
- HR Management or Recruiter experience strongly preferred
- Teaching or education-based professional experience strongly preferred
- Reliable transportation
- Flexible schedule on weekdays (evenings) required
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Self-starter with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent judge of character
- Evaluate the teaching skills and academic experiences of tutor candidates
- Assist in making hiring decisions on tutor candidates
- Complete related paperwork
What we offer employees
- Entrepreneurial, fun, fast-paced work environment in nationally expanding company
- On-the-job training and ongoing career development
- Work wherever you want (remote position - no commuting time!)
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- World-class web developers work to make your job easier. Make suggestions directly to the Chief Technology Officer and quickly see your ideas implemented
- An open work environment that emphasizes direct communication lines. Pitch your ideas straight to the CEO
- A company you're proud to work for. Your work directly impacts families and students, helping them achieve their academic goals
"As a recruiter for Varsity Tutors, I meet interesting people who have a heart for education and a mastery of their subjects. I feel good about what I'm doing, because I know that it will eventually result in a positive experience for a student, struggling to excel in school. I love being able to set my own schedule, work in my neighborhood, and provide a cadre of excellent tutors for my city."
"Recruiting is exciting because it gives you a chance to meet people from all walks of life who have one thing in common: they love to teach. And as a tutor myself, it's an excellent way to see what new techniques people are using in their lesson plans. The hours are flexible, the work is exciting, and the team is great. For someone who likes organization and loves working with people, I think it's the perfect part time job."
"The thing I like about working for Varsity Tutors is the independence and responsibility. I get to create my own schedule and take care of interviews and tutoring sessions with the full confidence of the company. The system allows you freedom and help rather than a series of restrictive rules. The level of professionalism and trust really works for me."
"I have enjoyed drawing upon my deep knowledge of teaching and learning to find "cream of the crop" tutors for our clients. Getting the opportunity to speak with and meet with so many phenomenal tutors has really helped shape and refine my definition of what it takes to be a strong educator. The work I do with Varsity Tutors is autonomous and self-directed, the hours are flexible, and the support/opportunities for professional development from the team are overwhelming."