Recent Tutoring Session Reviews
"The student got an A on his last test! The new material involves finding the area of various shapes by cutting them into smaller shapes and also some light trigonometry. We worked through most of his homework, and I'd say about 70% of the problems he was able to solve with little or no assistance/supervision. The other 30% involved his usual issues such as getting tripped up on arithmetic or forgetting a technique. I also went over some things not as directly related to the homework such as more trigonometric techniques or how to solve a problem in terms of pi (or roots) instead of actually estimating the values, which ensures maximal accuracy."
"The student has a quiz at the end of this week. He felt like he had a solid grasp on the material they had covered so far, so we looked ahead to the two remaining lessons before the quiz on circles. The sections contained a lot of new concepts and vocab. It took the student a while to digest and become familiar with everything, but by the end he was doing much better."
"The student and I reviewed her test she took last week. We discussed how she was feeling with pyramids and prisms. I felt she was very comfortable with the new material. I stressed for her to rework her test without my presence and to focus on her prisms quiz tomorrow."
"The student took the module 5 test, sections 1 & 2, and then we reviewed Algebra homework for the remaining 15 minutes or so. the student seemed to know the material during the exam; I expect he did well."
"Today we talked about angles and arcs. We worked with a few formulas for finding the measures of arcs and angles depending on the type of angle cutting through the circle (i.e., inscribed vs. exterior angles and secants vs. tangents)."
"We worked on some of the student's homework and began going over radical inequalities, graphing the solution sets as well as logging functions."